Re: RFS: ruby-execjs, ruby-mail, ruby-session

Hi Caitlin,

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 11:35:37PM -0400, Caitlin Matos wrote:
> I have pushed changes for these 3 packages to git. They all build cleanly in
> a chroot. Please have a look and let me know if they're OK!

Here are some remarks about ruby-session:

- As for ruby-mail, I deleted the debian/3.2.0-1 tag on the remote
  repository
- In debian/changelog: if several persons committed some changes for a
  Debian release, we usually split the entries in paragraphs according
  to who did the change (see for example the 2.5.4-1 entry in
  ruby-mail's changelog).
- In debian/control, it is better to use https for the homepage field
- In debian/copyright, the tab in the debian/* Files paragraph should be
  expanded to spaces. The LICENSE file points to the Ruby's license,
  which is now BSD-2-clause (instead of GPL-2) or Ruby's special
  conditions since Ruby 1.9. Can you contact the upstream author and see
  if he can clarify the license?

Here are some about ruby-execjs:
- the remark above about the debian/* tags applies here.
- I see that you imported an upstream file from the Github repository to
  create the debian/ruby-tests. It might be better to use as the
  upstream tarball the one from Github, instead of the one generated
  from the gem, and patch if needed the tests.
  The ruby-coffee-script-source package contains a copy of the
  coffee-script.js script. Instead of including the test_coffeescript in
  a begin/rescue/end block, maybe build-depend on that package and use
  the copy it contains.

Cheers,

Cédric