Re: What to do with rails?

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 05:11:19PM +0200, Ondřej Surý wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 24, 2014, at 13:50, Ondřej Surý wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 24, 2014, at 13:48, Christian Hofstaedtler wrote:
> > > * Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org> [140624 13:44]:

> > > If we're not going to ship any app that needs rails, I don't see a
> > > point of shipping rails at all.
> >
> > Ack.
> >
> > If we are not able to ship a version of rails that will be supported for
> > the lifetime of stable release we should not ship any rails at all.
>
> And I have started the process to fix the current situation.
>
> src:rails with 4.1 packaged has been uploaded to experimental
> RC bug against rails-3.2 has been filled (#754969)
> RC bug against rails-4.0 has been filled (#754983)
> Removal bug against rails-4.0 has been filled (#754980)
> Testing removal bug against rails-3.2 has been filled (#754981)

thanks for working on this. While I am not fond of dropping reverse
dependencies such as redmine, I agree that we won't be able to maintain
3.2 for jessie.

Ondřej, did you ever try any of the patches for running redmine against
rails 4 that are floating around?

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>