Re: RFA: rtc.debian.org

Quoting Elena ``of Valhalla'' Grandi <valhalla@debian.org>:
The main limit of this experience is that it doesn't involve servers
with a significant number of users.

The Debian XMPP users is not used by too many people, because:

 1. Most Debianites are IRCers and frown upon neophyte technologies.
 2. Some are Jabber old timers and prefer their own account.
    "trueelena" anyone? :-)
 3. Some DDs use email only. E.g. myself until recently.
 4. A number of people would *love* to use our server,
    but get to much spam.

As soon as we get spam down, activate BOSH/WS and HTTP upload and
maybe even biboumi, we will have more users, however.