Re: severity of bugs that FTBFS because of missing B-D

Hi,

Quoting Sebastian Ramacher (2023-10-22 16:03:46)
> Unless there is a plan to pu this change to stable's debootstrap, we are a
> full release cycle away from this change having an effect. The time to change
> this in deboostrap is now.

debootstrap 1.0.133 now creates chroots with only essential, build-essential
and apt with --variant=buildd. It was uploaded yesterday by Luca and seems to
be ready to transition to testing tomorrow.

Personally, I think this change is too disruptive for a stable update of
debootstrap. So yes, effectively, buildds will probably only start using this
change after the trixie release.

But it now became much easier for maintainers of the remaining bugs to
reproduce the problem by creating their buildd chroots with debootstrap from
unstable and soon testing.

Thanks!

cheers, josch