Re: Would a shorewall upload incorporating this patch be accepted?

Hi Roberto,

[Disclaimer: I am not a member of the release team]

On 15-04-13 16:59, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> [Please CC me, I am not subscribed to the list]

Done.

> It has been brought to my attention that the Wheezy version of the
> shorewall package contains a bug for users with a multi-ISP
> configuration.  This was fixed by upstream in a subsequent release and
> the user has requested that the fix be included in Wheezy.  Before I go
> building and uploading the package, I'd like to know if the patch would
> be suitable from the Release Team's perspective.

I think in the current state of the freeze, this is not going to be
accepted (but I might be wrong). The release team wants requests like
this one via the bts (for tracking purposes), so I suggest you file it
with "reportbug release.debian.org" (add the word pre-approval to the
subject).

I did not find a bug in the bts describing this problem, I advise you to
do so others can also find it and it helps in your request. For this
request, make it very clear how serious this issue is, i.e. what is the
impact.

Paul