Re: sgml-base related conffile prompt

Thanks for looking into this.

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 03:58:27PM +0200, Niels Thykier wrote:
> Just if I understand it correctly - the requirement for triggering this
> bug is to:
>
>  * install the Squeeze version of one of the affected packages below
>  * remove said package (but do not purge it)
>  * install the Wheezy version of the affected package
>
> Is that correctly asserted of me?

Yes. This is the issue that would be fixed by rebuilding against a newer
debhelper. Note that older versions than squeeze would likely do as
well. So if you removed one ages ago and then decide to install it on
wheezy or newer again, you'll be bitten.

> If my assertion above is correct, then I inclined to agree.  Though if
> there are other ways to trigger the issue in these packages we might
> want to at least fix a couple of arch:all cases as well (e.g. sgml-base
> has a popcon of 70k and it is not the only one).
>   Plus we might as well get those 4 packages binNMU'ed regardless since
> they are practically "free" fixes.

I am not aware of any other way to trigger this. After all this issue
was not discovered by actual users complaining, but reported by Andreas
Beckmann from piuparts testing.

Helmut