Re: tidyverse package to give away

On 26 November 2018 at 08:43, Andreas Tille wrote:
| Hi Dirk,
|
| just to be sure:  You reported an issue of r-cran-readr (#914633) but
| the subject says you want to give away r-cran-tidyverse (which is just
| in team maintenance).  Could you please clarify what package is up for
| team adoption and whether there is possibly some Git repository to clone
| to keep the history?

Please re-read the message.  r-cran-readr has a stupid upstream bug (which I
by now fixed).  Its bug report alreday says it would block r-cran-tidyverse
and all that package contains.  And that is what the Subject says: A
tidyverse package to give away. The body of the email is crystal-clear in its
focus on readr, and anybody who understand a little about R packages knows or
figures out how readr relates to tidyverse.

In any event, moot now as I then wasted two hours on it designing a fix.  So
currently tidyverse is not threatened by readr.

Also, don't play coy. You know there are search engines.  You also know the
pattern of package names. You know where to look up the git repo. You know we
have the QA pages.  And yet you claim you can't find it?  Ok then.

In any event, consider this offer withdrawn. I don't enjoy this email enough
to carry on the discussion. So no need to reply.

Dirk

--
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd@debian.org