Re: kde-gtk-config_5.13.5-1_source.changes ACCEPTED into unstable

¡Hola Boris!

First of all, thanks for working in improving kde-gtk-config.

  * New upstream release.

As mentioned in a private mail, I try to avoid versions were the only change is the version bump.

  * Bump Standards-Version to 4.2.1 (was 4.1.4): no changes required.

Right, I haven't bumped any Standards-Version beyond 4.1.4, that's, a personal decision based on a change introduced in 4.1.5. I'm not expecting anyone else to follow suite.

The Standards-Version 4.1.5 includes a change that I consider counter productive, that is:

5.6.12. "Version"

"epoch"
  This is a single (generally small) unsigned integer. It may be
  omitted, in which case zero is assumed. If it is omitted then the
  "upstream_version" may not contain any colons.

  Epochs can help when the upstream version numbering scheme changes,
  but they must be used with care.  You should not change the epoch,
  even in experimental, without getting consensus on debian-devel
  first.

I consider this change paternalistic, as well as, unenforceable. Thus I haven't bumped the Standards-Version beyond 4.1.4.

I'm not trying to raise this issue now, just trying to explain my point of view.

  * Simplify debian/control: drop requirement of specific version of cmake
    (was >= 2.8.12), because even Debian Jessie has cmake version 3.0.2.

The CMakeLists.txt states that it requires the version, why would the debian/control show this requirement?

I don't see a simplification here, also the version build dependency is added by a script that parses the CMakeLists.txt shipped in the package in particular:
cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8.12)

So, the version dependency would be added in the next run of the script.

Are you really that much against adding a version dependency is no longer in the archive?

Happy hacking,
--
"I decry the current tendency to seek patents on algorithms. There are better ways to earn a living than to prevent other people from making use of one's contributions to computer science."
-- Donald Knuth