Re: I can reproduce #860839

El mié., 15 de ago. de 2018 04:57, Pietro Battiston <me@pietrobattiston.it> escribió:
Dear Debian Qt maintainers,

I just wanted to mention that I was getting exactly the same symptoms
Harlan reported in
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=860839 , and I solved
by running:

sudo ln -sf /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/platforms/ /usr/bin/

as suggested here:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/308128/failed-to-load-platform-plugin-x
cb-while-launching-qt5-app-on-linux-without/522278

I'm reasonably sure my problem originated from some partial upgrade
(I'm using pinning), but that the QT lib packages all come from the
Debian archives.

Well, the platform plugins are installed in the arch qualified path on purpose. I can only think on an application built not using Debian's Qt packages or not doing the right thing at build time.