Re: Mass svn-to-git migration - Progress report

On Wednesday, 12 April 2023 17:12:14 CEST Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> This is all fine and dandy, but one matter that doesn't seem to be
> mentioned in anything I've read is how/if you are going to match the SVN
> usernames with proper git-ready authorship information (i.e. email
> addresses).

In my OP I explicitly mentioned the following:

On Friday, 27 January 2023 19:56:37 CEST Diederik de Haas wrote:
> - If it needs to be done, isn't it way better to do a mass-migration of all
> the repos which haven't been converted yet? There may be a high similarity
> between the various SVN repos, but all the projects within one SVN repo
> likely share many things? Like svn-user to git-user mapping?

And Jelmer responded with this:

On Friday, 27 January 2023 20:14:43 CEST Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
>  * lintian-brush has a mapping of team names to locations in salsa,
>    here:
> https://salsa.debian.org/jelmer/lintian-brush/-/blob/master/lintian_brush/
> salsa.py

While I haven't made such a list yet, it surely was considered.
As for the how, that'll likely be a manual task in which I will try to
construct such a mapping file by (a lot of) searching.

Or am I misunderstanding your question?

> Did you prepare such matching list?  Like, I have a 111 lines authors
> file that I used in the past for some conversions I did (coming from the
> debian-med team, fwiw), but I'm sure that if you are going to properly
> convert collab-maint you'll need quite a longer list.

One of the reasons for posting about this is the hope that someone else who
may have experience with a SVN-to-Git migration would share their experiences,
tools and other things that could benefit such a migration, like f.e. an
authors list. So if you could share that, that would be most welcome :-)

Cheers,
  Diederik