Re: Uscan: watch and changelog

Dear Paul,

thanks for your feedback.

On 2024-03-31 17:17 Paul Boddie <paul@boddie.org.uk> wrote:
> then the developers claim that they didn't have time to document

That is the advantage when doing FOSS. You do have the time. There is
not boss or customer behind your back. Teh problem in FOSS is just the
priorities of the developers and their management of time and
resources.

> Did you find my previous message about
> uscan helpful?

Yes, I did.

> > The situation is not healthy to me. So I need to stop from here with
> > fixing other peoples documentation.
>
> I think that you can make a difference, so don't stop trying to do
> something about it.

One important skill of a FOSS developer/contributor is to know when to
stop and saying "no".

Anyway, I also think I won't make a difference when the whole system
(Debian) is against me. There is much more to do then just updating
wiki pages. I do respect the docracy but there are limits. And that is
where the project management should be somehow involved.