Packaging multivolumefile?

Hello,

I originally intended to file an ITP, but it probably makes more sense
to ask here:

py7zr >= 0.16.0 requires multivolumefile by the same author. How about
packaging it under the debian-python umbrella?

----------------
* Source package name    : python-multivolumefile
* Binary Package name    : python3-multivolumefile
  Version         : 0.2.3
  Upstream Contact: Hiroshi Miura <miurahr@linux.com>
* URL             : https://codeberg.org/miurahr/multivolume
* License         : LGPL-2.1+
  Programming Lang: Python
  Description     : multiple files-wrapping library for Python

MultiVolumefile is a Python library to provide file-object wrapping
multiple files as virtually like as a single file. It inherits
io.RawIOBase class and supports some of its standard methods.
----------------
The upstream projectname is "multivolume", I would go for
python-multivolumefile to better match the module name and add a python
prefix since I am not using the upstream name anyway.)

multivolume has not seen any activity in GIT for about two years,
however py7zr seems to be alive.

I would be willing to do the grunt work but have basically zero
experience in packaging python modules, so I would appreciate some
handholding/feedback.

TIA, cu Andreas
so grateful to you.'