pandas 1.5 -> 2.1?

Hi Rebecca, Julian and all science minded pythonistas of debian, great and small!

I like your correspondence about upgrading from
version 1.5 of pandas to 2.1.

It's open, scientific and explores the ideal of
proceeding wisely in a matter of public interest.

My humble thoughts are:

1.) Rebecca: *Why* did you write that you'd like
    to move forward with the pandas 1.5 -> 2.1
    transition? What's your reason?

2.) What may be the advantage of migrating to
    version 3.0 of Cython?

3.) The following one-liner suggests 44 debian
    packages might be affected by the breaks
    Rebecca said would be caused by pandas 2.x:

    $ for s in augur cnvkit dyda emperor esda mirtop pymatgen pyranges python-anndata python-biom-format python-cooler python-nanoget python-skbio python-ulmo q2-quality-control q2-demux q2-taxa q2-types q2templates sklearn-pandas ; do apt-cache search "$s" ; done | less

4.) The break that worries me the most is
    sklearn-pandas, because it seems to me that
    sklearn is

        popular and

        fundamental.

Comment welcome,