Re: PDM - Python package manager for Debian

Hi Carsten,

> Or is there a way to get such packages build without a need for PDM to be around?

This should really not matter at all when packaging for Debian. The source tarball should include a setup.cfg or setup.py file (i.e. be a regular Python sdist), and if not developing on the package, you should never meet PDM.

If the upstream sdist is not installable without PDM, this is probably an upstream bug; but my guess is that you chose a Git export instead of a real sdist as orig.tar.gz.

-nik