Re: python-catalogue: AttributeError: type object 'EntryPoint' has no attribute '_from_text'

> > I dont think it's a problem per se, but i also want to understand if
> > the time debian-python@ dedicates to solve your issues is well spent.
>
> I'd say it is well spent.
>
> Andreas is herding a lot of cattle for Debian (as in
> packages, or people, or mentees). He's inventor of Debian
> Blends, leader of Debian Med, (co-|team-|sole-)maintainer for
> a lot of packages (neither of which releases him of due
> diligance, though).
>
> I also know him personally.
>
> I am sure his way of going about those Python tracebacks
> shows, indeed, a lack of Python knowledge, and of time, but
> bears neither laziness nor ill will nor entitlement syndrome.

I dont necessarily subscribe to the notion that debian-python is
essentially a help desk for people too busy to learn python (anyone
can always do less, and learn more; quality beats quantity in Debian),
but apparently people disagree with me on this, so i'll refrain from
bringing this up again.

Regards,
--
Sandro "morph" Tosi