Re: apt.Cache.update with alternative sources.list

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 6:12 AM, Ole Streicher wrote:

> I need some access (as normal user) to an apt cache with an alternative
> sources.list (those in /etc/blends/ installed by blends-dev), but I have
> problems to find out how to use it.

If you want to completely isolate apt from the system configuration
for apt, the correct way to do that is to set the APT_CONFIG
environment variable. See apt.conf(5), APT_CONFIG is the first
mechanism used for setting the apt config and /etc is the second place
apt looks for configuration. If you do not want to override every item
(including hooks/etc) in every file in /etc/apt/apt.conf.d then you
need to use APT_CONFIG. Examples of how to do this include chdist
(from devscripts), apt-venv or the derivatives census codebase.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise