Re: IPython/Jupyter plans for buster

Hey, it depends on the details.

I think (2) would be the best option, I think it's not worth the effect trying to set up an "alternatives" system, we have enough stuff to do already without needing to test all of this complexity.

One thing we have to watch out for, is if their LTS versions stays on older libraries that are incompatible with the newest versions (cough cough NPM, but also python libs might be affected). Hopefully this would only happen rarely.

Are they dropping python2 support for the core components as well? It would be pretty annoying to have to package two of *everything* just for python2 support. (SageMath definitely needs it.)

Gordon Ball:

--
GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE