Re: policy question: tag format for patch-less packages

On November 16, 2016 2:33:47 PM CST, "IOhannes m zmölnig (Debian/GNU)" <umlaeute@debian.org> wrote:
>On 11/16/2016 06:07 AM, chrysn wrote:
>> Should git-dpm be used even though no patches are present?
>
>how do you make sure that you will never need patches? (unless this is
>native package)

Also, git-dpm tag provides the needed tags regardless of if there is a patch.  Regardless of patches, we still have an upstream branch and at least an unstable branch that need to be kept up to date.

If someone else needs to add a patch to your package to resolve a bug, they shouldn't have to also check/redo the git archive configuration.

All the team packages should use a common organization.

Scott K