Re: Rebuild for packages with entry points?

On 08/12/15 16:50, Nikolaus Rath wrote:
> On Dec 07 2015, Simon McVittie <smcv@debian.org> wrote:
>> This looks like a job for Lintian, assuming setuptools entry points are
>> easy to detect with a regex.
>
> Well, yes, but what's the point? New uploads will not be affected by
> this bug anyway, and if you just want the warnings for old packages,
> wouldn't the time consumed by writing a Lintian check be better spent
> writing a script that triggers rebuilds directly?

If you already know a complete set of packages that have entry points,
sure, rebuild away. For binNMUs of arch:any packages the thing to do is
to ask the release team; for arch:all packages, it needs to be done as
individual sourceful uploads, unfortunately.

If you don't already know a complete set of affected packages, a Lintian
check + a bit of waiting would tell you, with progress tracking. I've
found that very useful for various issues with dbus policy files.