Re: Join the Team

Hi Hugo,

On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 12:55 PM, Hugo Lefeuvre <hugo6390@orange.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've made a request on alioth to join the team. But, I think it's
> important to introduce myself to the other members of the team.

Welcome (in advance) to the team! Please let me know if you're
subscribed to the list, so I can stop cc-ing you.

> So, I'm a french student who will help the Debian project. I'm using
> Debian for several years, and I like programming (Python naturally, C++
> and Perl), but I have no skills in Debian packaging. So, I'm here to
> learn. :)

An excellent hands-on guide to learning Debian packaging is Lucas
Nussbaum's packaging-tutorial (either apt-get install
packaging-tutorial, or fetch it online [1]), and I strongly recommend
it. There's also maint-guide ([2], or install it through apt), which
is more comprehensive.

> I have a lot of free time. For the moment, I've decided to adopt the
> kupfer package (#741022), but I would like to adopt other packages in
> the future.

Great! You'll have to be accepted to the DPMT/PAPT in alioth first
before you'll have commit access to the svn repos. If you need
somewhere to upload your packages prior to asking for a review, I
suggest using mentors.debian.net [3].

Regards,
Vincent

[1] https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/packaging-tutorial/packaging-tutorial.en.pdf