Re: RFS: Pyspread 0.2.6-1

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 3:48 AM, Andreas Noteng <andreas@noteng.no> wrote:
> On 17. feb. 2014 23:26, Vincent Cheng wrote:
>>
>> ...A package in main must not depend or recommend a non-main package
>> (in this case, ttf-mscorefonts-installer, which is in contrib). Refer
>> to Policy 2.2.1.
>
> Thanks. I knew depend was not OK but believed recommends was. But, according
> to 2.2.1 suggests is ok, right?
> Pyspread works just fine without ttf-mscorefonts-installer, so I guess
> suggests would be a better choice anyway. The tests will fail without the
> package though. Is it OK to include ttf-mscorefonts-installer as a test
> dependency in debian/tests/control ?

Suggests is fine, yes.

I don't really know how autopkgtests work, but if they're run
automatically during the build process like dh_auto_test, then that
would cause your package to FTBFS. Can you modify the tests so that
they work with other fonts, or disable the offending tests entirely?

Regards,
Vincent