Re: Double build failures

On 4 May 2012 19:06, Dmitrijs Ledkovs <xnox@debian.org> wrote:
> ok. what is the relationship between 'distribute' & 'packaging'?

Let's see if I get all these right:

distutils: basic packaging functionality, part of the Python standard library
setuptools: third party module to add functionality that distutils lacked
distribute: continuation of setuptools after setuptools development stopped
packaging, aka distutils2: Improving on distutils but not backwards
compatible, will be integrated into the standard library for Python
3.3, and might then make setuptools/distribute obsolete.

Please correct me if I've got any of that wrong.

Thomas