Re: zynjacku package - build log

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010, Jaromír Mikeš wrote:

Hello,

I just trying my package zynjacku get uploaded.
My sponsor asked me to show build log to some python expert.
Can someone on list review attached build log please?

Thanks for posting the build log!

Dear debian-python, as a prospective mentor, here are the things I'm concerned about in the build log:

First and foremost, it talks about Python 2.5 left and right. I don't want to slow down a Python 2.6 transition.

...well, actually, I think the rest of it looks fine. But would one of you Debian Python experts let me know if the Python 2.5 mentions are a red flag, and if so, how we should avoid them?

The source package builds a C extension to Python, too. It doesn't seem that such an extension is useful outside of this application, so I think it's okay that the module isn't packaged separately. Does that make sense?

Thanks!

-- Asheesh.

--
Every love's the love before