VCS for Python code Was: Trac team almost dead?

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 2:21 PM, Christoph
Egger<debian@christoph-egger.org> wrote:

>        As my packages have (following trac itself) a git history and the one
> I've ITA-ed has some HG history I'm interested in what the team thinks
> so I can decide if / what to move in.

If we are all Python developers to some degree and know about PEP 374
- what do you think about switching from SVN to HG for maintaining
Debian packages? There is also "convert" extension that may allow to
convert history from other sources to HG and PEP 385 that may help
admins to decide how to move from SVN.

--anatoly t.