Re: Tone policing by a member of the community team [Was, Re: Statement regarding Richard Stallman's readmission to the FSF board]

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 03:06:14AM +0200, gregor herrmann wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Apr 2021 01:28:45 +0200, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2021-04-07 at 21:38 +0200, Adam Borowski wrote:
> > > I wonder, though -- do we have a Nazi anywhere in the project?  Could you
> > > point to one?
> > Although I really prefer not to have them in the project, its is not the
> > Debian project's task to rule about political believs, opinions, religions,
> > fetishes and whatever else.
>
> I agree to a certain degree; as far as we talk about opinions or
> beliefs, but (leftist slogan:) "fascism is not an opinion, it's a
> crime" or (more verbose): I don't want to be in the same community as
> people who deny other people their basic human dignity or (more
> direct) who don't consider others as humans and want to kill them or
> see them dead. And that's what Nationalsozialismus and facism is
> about. [0]
>
> Cheers,
> gregor
>

> [0] It gets a bit more complicated when differentiating between
> "classic" Nazis and neo-nazis and old Italian fascists and
> neo-facists and national conservatives and the (old) "Nouvelle
> Droite" and the "Neue Rechte" and the "Identitäre" and all kinds of
> right-wing extremists and right-wing populist and "autoritärer
> Nationalradikalismus" … But in the end it boils down to the
> "Ideologie der Ungleicheit", i.e. the belief that some people are
> more valuable than others.

Debian is about common goals. Sometimes I think we already have them,
sometimes I think we have a long way to go. Both scenarios, travelling
and living at the destination, are better with a "we".  A good "we"
improves by mutual respect.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--