Re: Lenovo X395 Support Latest Debian Version

On Fri, Feb 7, 2020 at 3:39 PM Brett Lougher  wrote:

> To: debian-project@lists.debian.org
>
> I wish to install the latest Linux Debian as my main OS on my Lenovo X395

This sort of discussion is best had on Debian support channels:

https://www.debian.org/support

> My question is wheter or not the Lenovo X395 supported the installation of Debian as an Operating System.

We don't have any information on that on our wiki:

https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Thinkpad

> It has a AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 3700U (4C / 8T, 2.3 / 4.0GHz, 2MB L2 / 4MB L3) CPU and saw some linux distributions did not work for AMD.

It is likely that Debian works with AMD CPUs in general but the best
way to make Debian work on a particular device is to install it,
document how you did it and then report any issues you find so that
they can get fixed..

https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn
https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/ch05s04#submit-bug

--