Re: Conflict escalation and discipline

On 4/18/18, Cindy-Sue Causey <butterflybytes@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/18/18, Lars Wirzenius <liw@liw.fi> wrote:
>> On Wed, 2018-04-18 at 13:41 +0100, Martín Ferrari wrote:
>>> I believe that a-h is the natural starting point for dealing with these
>>> issues.
>>
>> Most of the problems being discussed right now, and in general, seem
>> to be of the sort where feelings are hurt, but harassment isn't
>> happening. The situations seem to be "A did something, and B was
>> offended, how do we get A and B to understand each other, and resolve
>> any conflict, and get A and B to collaborate in the future?".
>>
>> This implies to me that, at the least, "anti-harassment" is the wrong
>> name for a team that deals with this.
>

> What about turning to a thesaurus? That's helped me A LOT along the
> way in #Life. :)

< yada-yada snipped for brevity >

>> So I tried an "employee bonding" search. That landed a few things that
> may or may not be of interest relative to this topic. "Team building'
> was another phrase that presented itself. Both appeared to be
> something that might could be tweaked to apply to an international
> group of volunteers living in a far more stressful World than we had
> in the 90s.. :)

Something else just occurred to me. Our ages play a part in how we
communicate, maybe particularly about how we are able to sympathize,
possibly even empathize with the feelings and opinions of others.

That came to mind because I was just reading something yesterday about
some very young programmers who were so capable that they caught the
eye of the government. :D

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey