Re: Presentation of iso downloads - simpler like Fedora?

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 09:59:45PM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Aug 2012, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> > On ven., 2012-08-10 at 14:01 +0200, Steffen Möller wrote:
> > > some binary software forced me into downloading a RedHat flavour, so I
> > > went for Fedora. I found it very easy to get an ISO. I mean - very very
> > > very easy. My suggestion is to copy that for our now pending release or
> > > to make it even easier - not that I would know how to do that. They even
> > > auto-picked a good mirror for me.
> > >
> > > http://fedoraproject.org
> > >
> > What about the direct link on top right of http://www.debian.org ?
>
> Whatever the reason, a lot of people seems to miss that "Download" box.
> I mean it.

Yeah, I did as well, when I last looked at it.

I think it is unfortunate that the button is part of the banner, I guess
I quickly skip over the banner because I do not expect any important
content in it and many other users might as well.

Having a button left/right of the "Getting Started" section might be
more visible.

Michael