Re: Better visibility of "what can you do with Debian" on the?Debian main page

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 12:02:17PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:

> > There is already a name: "AppStream". It comes with code and standards:
> > http://distributions.freedesktop.org/wiki/AppStream
> >
> > It's as good as any other, and I don't see the need to invent another
> > one.
>
> I did not understand your mail in a way to use the term AppStream in
> front of non-geeks to explain what Debian means.  My intend was to use a
> commonly used word to explain what Debian is.  I know that the meaning
> of this word is stretched a bit - but that's the fate of words sometimes

Sorry, I think I misunderstood the thread, I thought you wanted to
redesign the current web views of Debian packages so that it is somehow
more trendy/modern, but I now realised you only want to find it a
trendier/more modern name.

I stand corrected.

However, if after finding it a new name you'd like to keep going and add
things like ratings, comments, tag clouds and whatnot, you can go back
to my messages in this thread and know where to start :)

Ciao,

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>