Re: DAM and NEW queues processing

On 24/06/09 at 11:45 +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
> (also, on the topic of "people who are ready when they enter NM go
> through it fast",
> https://nm.debian.org/nmstatus.php?email=samuel.thibault%40ens-lyon.org)

Describing people like Samuel Thibault or Chris Lamb as "people who are
ready when they enter NM", and therefore implying that if you take more
than 6 months, it's because you were not ready, is just insulting for
all the other applicants who were also ready when they entered NM, but,
because of bad luck (busy AM, busy DAM, etc), ended up spending a year
and a half in the process.

Chris Lamb and Samuel Thibault both applied very late. Much too late.
Before they applied, several people have been wondering why they
weren't DDs yet. I'm not sure why they didn't apply earlier, but the
fact that our NM process is so unappealing might not be totally
unrelated. It's actually sad that we need to push[1] skilled people like
them to apply to NM.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-newmaint/2008/09/msg00031.html