Re: Update #1 [RFC: Introducing Debian Enhancement Proposals (DEPs)]

Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jan 2008, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> > > Why can't we manage the DEP list just like the rest in a VCS ? A VCS
> > > commit is atomic. :)
> >
> > To avoid religious was on which VCS to choose :-)
>
> Just use svn for that part. It's by far the most widely used VCS within
> Debian.

Based on what numbers?  Does "within Debian" mean on d.o hosts?  That
would ignore much dVCS use.

> And git-svn works well for the rapidly growing population of git
> fanboys (like me). :-)

Where "well" means "to avoid using svn, install svn" which is a bit
absurd.  It's a shame that svn isn't compatible with other things even
as much as git is.

> And you can always create a mail interface if you really want to please
> people who refuse to touch svn. [...]

This is necessary, not just a "can always".  Not all places DEPs will
be sent from will be able to access svn, but they should all be able
to send email to send the DEP out AFAICS.

Regards,
--
MJR/slef