Re: Criteria for a successful DPL board

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007, Andreas Schuldei wrote:

> I would ask you on behalf of debian to not run for office for
> those reasons.

   Wow, on behalf of Debian?

> [1] when asked about who you would vote for you stated publicly
> that you would not think that I was a good candidate and you
> would rather vote for someone else, eventhough you were in my DPL
> team. It is perfectly all right to think that I was not the best
> candidate. It is also (less so) ok to say that you would vote for
> someone else, eventhough you could have avoided to say that
> without being dishonest. It is bad and demonstrates a lack of
> awareness for public appearence to say that someone you are
> supposed to work together with and support was a bad choice to
> vote for.

   I beg to differ. I have a lot of disagreements with Raphael, to say
the least. He will definitely not be at the top of my ballot (although I
shouldn't say that until every candidate has shown up) for many reasons.
However, if he gets elected and what he is proposing is set up and
he asks me to take part in it, depending on what it looks like, I'd
probably prefer to be inside rather than watch it from the outside,
because he'll choose people I am perfectly happy to work with, including
Raphael himself. And I don't give a damn about "awareness for public
appearance", if I suck I'd like to hear it even from people who work
with me. It hurts but this is not kindergarten anymore, are we here to
say pretty things to each other or to get work done?

Regards,
Sam.
--
echo "creationism" | tr -d "holy godly goal"