Re: Social Committee proposal text (diff)

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 01:22:41PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> > In your suggestion the first three people to be elected would be a1,
> > a2 and a3, as they all beat all B candidates. In a representative
> > election a1, a2 and b1 should be elected, instead.
>
> Er, I don't think I modified the election method in that way by including
> that sentence. I thought I said - follow section A.6, which determines the
> ranking, and then take the list and pick the top X people who are above NOTA.

Actually, upon closer inspection, I see now that A.6 is actually not
completely accurate for this case. It has this:

8. If there are no defeats within the Schwartz set, then the winner is
   chosen from the options in the Schwartz set. If there is only one such
   option, it is the winner. If there are multiple options, the elector with
   the casting vote chooses which of those options wins.

We need to skip that in case of soc-ctte elections. The list that I
mentioned previously would be referred to as a 'Schwartz set', if I get this
right.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.