Re: [SUMMARY] About terminology for stable/testing/unstable and related issues

On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 09:14:31AM +0300, Tapio Lehtonen wrote:
> If stable/testing/unstable are branches (or suites), what are Ubuntu,
> DeMuDi, SkoleLinux et al Debian based distributions? I would have
> called them branches, from a version control point of view.

They're exactly that: "Debian based distributions", or just
terminology wise "distribution" is enough.

You could of course restart all flamewars about the word "fork", but
that's not going to be very popular ;-)

Floris

--
Debian GNU/Linux -- The Power of Freedom