Re: Private copies of list replies

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 09:33:18PM +0100, Sven Mueller wrote:
> David Weinehall wrote on 13/03/2006 18:32:
> >>Thunderbird, as well as many other MUAs doesn't allow you to set
> >>arbitrary headers, including M-F-T.
> >
> > There are plugins for Thunderbird that solves that (mnehy, for
> > instance);
>
> Would like to _any_ extension/plugin which really solves that (or, btw
> would implement list-reply). mnehy doesn't.

http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/customheaders.html

"Composition
These headers are shown in the headers dropdownbox when composing new
messages; customizations are stored in the user_pref
mail.compose.other.header."

Kind of indicates that you can set headers based on a per email
setting in mnehy, wouldn't you say?

> > you can also do a little prefs hackery:
> >
> > http://www.semergence.com/archives/2004/12/09/09/07/
>
> Just checked.
> Nice hack. (Not)
> You realize that the hack you referenced doesn't work for the target
> given? It adds a custom header to _every_ post made from an
> account/identity. In other words, it would require to set up a new
> account/identity for every different setting of M-F-T one wants to use.
> Unless you wanted to do the hack over and over again (find the post to
> reply to, stop thunderbird, edit the prefs, start thunderbird, reply,
> stop thunderbird, remove prefs-hack, start thunderbird, continue reading
> -- great).

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Custom_headers

Rather indicates that you can add headers to the list of *available*
headers using that hack, and then change the settings / mail.

But just to be sure I installed mozilla-thunderbird on my machine.
And indeed, this adds another header to the list of headers available
when composing the e-mail.

> I'm still waiting for anyone to recommend a MUA which works on at least
> Linux and Windows (yes, that evil OS), preferably also on MacOSX and
> supports MFT.

Do you have any particular need to use the same MUA for all platforms?

> Apart from the fact that MFT still isn't a standard and might just as
> well never be, for several reason already quoted/referenced by others in
> this thread.

I still haven't seen any quoted/referenced reason that makes sense.
Then again, it might not ever become a standard, but it's the best
solution for the problem existing.  Until someone comes up with
something better, I'll go with M-F-T (not that I use it myself, since
I'm subscribed to the lists already, and I get too much email anyway
to want any copies - the all too common crossposting is bad enough
as it is...)

Regards: David
--
 /) David Weinehall <tao@debian.org> /) Rime on my window           (\
//  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   //  Diamond-white roses of fire //