Re: Question And Proposal For All Candidates

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006, David Nusinow wrote:
> system of governance take over." Fundamentally, this could have happened at
> any time with any of the problematic discussions of the past, but it didn't
> because no developer stepped up to make this decision.

And because a full-fledge GR is a lot of work and takes a lot of time. But
I agree with you on the analysis. We definitely need to take decisions
sooner.

That's also the logic of my proposal of having more "polls":
http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2006/02/msg00065.html
(just ignore the "social pressure" idea also elaborated in the same mail,
it's definitely not a good one)

This is somewhere on my long-term TODO list and I will pursue it, in
particular if I'm part of a DPL team this year.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog