Re: More ands more advertising

Hi Duncan!

You wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 01:31:50PM +0200, Bas Zoetekouw wrote:
> > I had to tweak my local spamassassin a bit to fight mailingslist spam.
> > Specifically
> >
> > | score X_LOOP                    0
> > | score X_MAILING_LIST            0
> > | score SIGNATURE_SHORT_DENSE     0
> >
> > seems to help a lot, while barely increasing the number of false
> > positives.
>
> But, assuming spamassassin is run on incoming mail on the Debian
> servers, X_LOOP and X_MAILING_LIST won't hit. SIGNATURE_SHORT_DENSE,
> I've never seen on spam.

You misunderstand. This is the spamassassin I run locally on my incoming
debian mail. These mails do have X-Loop and X-Mailinglist headers, and
do have a short, dense signature (that is added by the list software).
These things cause a signifacantly _negative_ score, cause spam from
debian lists, that would normally be caught, be accepted as non-spam.
Setting the above scores to 0, solves that problem.

--
Kind regards,
| Bas Zoetekouw                  | Het belangrijkste gereedschap|