Re: Install

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, Steve Greenland wrote:

> Donovan, you may the first Debian new-comer to praise dselect. Ever.
> Yes, it has the needed functionality, but its UI is, to put it kindly,
> baroque.

Really?  I think it's one of the most useful things about Debian,
since it provides a higher-level interface to package management
without relying on a window system.  Ever tried to install RedHat on a
machine where X doesn't work out of the box?  It's not nearly so
user-friendly when you're reduced to running apm on the command
line...
					John T. Whelan
					whelan@phys.utb.edu