Re: Debian printing packages

On 16/01/2023 15:15, Thorsten Alteholz wrote:
oh, I am afraid I won't attend this DebConf ...

Had been nice to meet you in India ... But I am also not sure yet whether I will go. There are many conferences throughout the year.

You could perhaps do uploads of the New Architecture stuff into Experimental to get some more testing.

Yes, this would be possible.

Great, this would help me a lot.

So I will better wait for you next HPLIP upload before I update the HPLIP Printer Application?

It looks like the current version has to wait for a finished python3 transition. So the new upload might take some time, but yes, it might be better to wait for it.

Python3 transition? Will this transition already happen in Bookworm or only afterwards?

   Till