Debian printing packages

Thorsten,

thank you very much for your inclusion of the Common Print Dialog Backends packages in Debian. they will make the base for the Ubuntu packages, ideally by syncing, and they will also help me to get the MIRs (Main Inclusion Requests) of these packages in Ubuntu accepted.

For all of these there is a new generation (2.0b1) available upstream now and cpdb-libs and cpdb-backend-file would be easy to update already. cpdb-backend-cups depends on libcupsfilters2 which is about to be updated to in Debian. None of the CPDB packages depends on libppd2 (the CUPS backend is ready for the New Architecture, but works with current CUPS as well).

The betas should get finally released in ~1 month or so. If this is too late for Bookworm, we should update to the 2.0b1 versions of the cpdb-... packages at least in Experimental.

By the way, is Debian's HPLIP package up-to-date with upstream? And if not, could you update it? Bookworm should not come with outdated HPLIP.

   Till