Re: ofpath vs ofpathname vs grub-ofpathname

OK

On Sat, Apr 18, 2020, at 11:47 PM, Frank Scheiner wrote:
> Hi Rick,
>
> nice to hear from you!
>
> On 19.04.20 00:10, Rick Thomas wrote:
> > On Sat, Apr 18, 2020, at 1:58 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> >> You should test with ofpathname as well.
> >
> > OK, I will.  Is there an updated version of ofpathname I should be using?  If so how do I get it?
>
> Check [1] and [2] for details.
>
> [1]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2020/04/msg00075.html
>
> [2]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2020/04/msg00076.html
>
> You need to use the `ofpathname` from the `mac-support` branch mentioned
> on [2]. You can either download it directly from [3] or `git clone
> https://github.com/glaubitz/powerpc-utils.git` and do a `git checkout
> mac-support` in the created dir and then use the `ofpathname` in the
> checked-out branch.
>
> [3]:
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/glaubitz/powerpc-utils/mac-support/scripts/ofpathname
>
> Cheers,
> FranK

So I went the "git" route (downloading from [3] failed because it was missing the "series_platform" script)

This is what I got...  (/dev/sdc is a usb flash drive plugged into the front USB2 port.  sda and sdb are hard disks in the inside the case SATA caddies.)

root@kmac:~# cd /home/rbthomas/ofpathname/powerpc-utils/scripts
root@kmac:/home/rbthomas/ofpathname/powerpc-utils/scripts# ./ofpathname /dev/sda
/ht@0,f2000000/pci@5/k2-sata-root@c/@0/@0
root@kmac:/home/rbthomas/ofpathname/powerpc-utils/scripts# ./ofpathname /dev/sda1