Re: debian netinst 2020-04-18 claims No space left on device

On 19.04.20 09:15, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

Le dim. 19 avr. 2020 08:45, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
<glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de <mailto:glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de>> a
écrit :

    On 4/19/20 8:39 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
     > It might just be that we will have to increase the size of the
    HFS boot
     > partition as GRUB requires for disk space these days.
     >
     > Not sure though whether the partition is allowed to be larger by the
     > firmware.

    It seems that Gentoo recommends a partition size for the boot partition
    of 128 MB [1].

    Adrian

     > [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/GRUB_on_Open_Firmware_(PowerPC)

I thought we had that discussion already last year and went for a size
of 512 MiB (see [[2]). Oh, looks like it wasn't merged due to the Buster
freeze.

[2]:https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/partman-auto/-/merge_requests/3

I can rebase it (only later this day!), and hopefully there's no freeze
in the way this time and we can merge it. ;-)

Cheers
Frank