Re: Problems with hfsprogs on G5 Power Macs

Hi Mathieu, all,

On 1/2/19 17:40, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
On Sun, Dec 30, 2018 at 9:54 PM Frank Scheiner <frank.scheiner@web.de> wrote:
I experienced some major problems with hfsprogs on G5 Power Macs.

I vaguely recall also some data corruption when playing with HFS back then:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2016/04/msg00103.html

ISO 9660 works just fine for me, so I am ok moving away from HFS at
least in the short term (gets things moving).

I also see it that way.

I suspect dual
installation people may want HFS at some point.

Is dual installation actually supported out of the installer automatically at the moment? Maybe it is or was, as [1] sounds like that, though it describes Ubuntu.

[1]: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/YabootConfigurationForMacintoshPowerPCsDualBoot

In any case, all needed tools (yaboot-installer, yaboot, hfsutils) will still be in place and are not touched by my changes, though it will require manual intervention by users during an installation.

Cheers,
Frank