Re: Cross-compiling kernels

On Jun 09 2008, Zhengpeng Hou wrote:
> I think dpkg-cross can already do it.

Actually, I did it for both fun and utility to get a faster working
environment to cross-compile the kernels for my iBook G3 (since, I'm
having problems with my D-Link G122 USB key and have to recompile
kernels quite frequently).

Learning how to cross-compile was a quite enlightening experience (and
one of the reasons why a system as flexible as this is a one-way hand: I
can't justify the use of MacOS X or Windows with a real Operating System
this good).

Anyway, thank you for the hint that there's already a package to do
that.

Regards, Rogério Brito.