Re: X from Side crashes with libdri.so

On Wed, 2007-05-30 at 09:54 +0200, Denis wrote:

> Recently --- about five days ago --- I dist-upgraded my Sid-running iBook G4
> (late 2005 version), and Xorg broke. When trying to start the X server, it
> would give an error, and not start:
>
> /usr/bin/X: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions//libdri.so

That's all? It doesn't say what symbol's unresolved?

> Checking Xorg.0.log I saw the logging got truncated after trying to load the
> DRI extensions, without further logging anything else (log attached at the
> end of this email).

Yes, the process dies immediately when it tries to call an unresolved
function. So in this case the X stderr output is actually more useful
than the log file.

The most likely cause is a stale libdrm; what does

ldd /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libdri.so

say?