Re: [Fwd: Re: PowerPC buildd is looking for a new home]

robert <rnuzum@verizon.net> writes:

> I have a similar problem requiring a reboot to reconnect on dsl about
> every three times.  Rebooting fixes it each time.I have an eMac. The
> networking tool says the connection is active but I cannot get on
> line, no connection to the internet.
> Bob

Since 2.6.20 (included) network-manager (at least for me) needs two or
three retries to get a dhcp offer from my router. But usually

modprobe -r bcm43xx
modprobe  bcm43xx

does the trick and network-manager gets a dhcp offer almost instantly.

A. Corbi