IBM Java 5

Hello fellow PPC Debian users.

I am now for the first time trying to setup and configure IBM's Java 5
on my mac mini 1.25ghz machine running Debian Sid. I've setup Sun
before on an i386 system before but using the IBM version is new and
very foreign to me.

I'm hoping that you guys can shed some light on the installation and
configuration of the IBM JRE version and if you know of any funnies
that may occur while setting it up I would appreciate any feedback you
can provide.

The official documentation claims the setup/config is as simple as:
1. Extract the tar ball to /opt/ibm/java2-jre-50/
2. Set the PATH environment variable in:
/opt/ibm/java2-jre-50/bin/javac myfile.java
to: export PATH=/opt/ibm/java2-i386-50/bin:/opt/ibm/java2-i386-50/jre/bin:$PATH

Does this seem correct?

Thanks in advance for your help.
--
Regards