Re: which serious bugs exactly? (Re: if you care about debian on powerpc, please react ...)

Johannes Berg <johannes@sipsolutions.net> writes:

> On Sun, 2006-11-26 at 23:11 +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
>
>> Indeed, but i guess that with etch now soon supporting 2.6.18 kernels, all
>> apple powerpc hardware will be supported. At least this is one benefit of
>> apple going over to intel :)
>
> Heh :)
>
>> Johannes, actually this is a different issue,
>> [...]
>
> Alright, I guess that's what I get for ignoring initramfs and all that
> for too long :) I always was under the impression that the installer
> would write those required files to make it work in the installed
> system.

Well, it's right and wrong. Those modules don't need to be available
while booting but be loaded just after init is being run (I might be
wrong here) but if I got right there's a problem on 2.6.18 kernel that
doesn't instruct udev to load them and including them on
initramfs-tools/modules or /etc/modules is a nice workaround for the
problem.

Am I wrong?

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R