Re: cdrecord-ProDVD OR growisofs

On Mon, 2005-07-04 at 08:58 -0400, Josh Narins wrote:
> > On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 03:37:07 +0000, Josh Narins wrote:
[...]
> growisofs -Z /dev/cdroms/cdrom0 -R -J /home/dump.float1.home.vol1.bz
>
> The kernel panic says that the kernel is accessing a bad area (then it
> says, I think something about #11 in parens).
>
> I can't see how to capture the panic output, since I lose keyboard once
> it has happened, but next time I'll try piping it and stderr to a file
> (won't that make growisofs target the wrong thing? I'll see).

it is not growisofs that hangs there but your kernel... make sure you
don't have 'SCSI emulation support' enabled in the kernel but just use
plain ide-atapi cdrom support (i.e. /dev/cdroms/cdrom0 is
infect /dev/hdc ) it could also be devfs related if you are using that
one...

> Of course, all this hard rebooting is _not_ fun.

I also use a tibook 15" and it was working OK last time I checked and I
would assume it has not been broken in the meantime...

Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, when you become aware of
the real world around you, but you're still dreaming.