Re: cursing my yboot'd Lombard

> Wouldn't that mean it's a yaboot problem, then?  Of course, the kernel
> should do all it can, but if the loader makes a tremendous difference....

Nope, atyfb problem (or fbcon problem) rather. But that's just my gut
feeling, nothing more. Prove me wrong if you can.

The reason why BootX makes a difference is because it fully initializes
the video hardware using MacOS' drivers. As we all know, BootX on
Lombard is evil precisely because of this.

> Does anyone have a yaboot'ing Lombard that _does_ have a nonblack cursor.

Sometimes.

> Does the ``happens sometimes'' mean that it doesn't happen sometimes?

Right.

	Michael